It’s been a while since I’ve posted an update on how far I’ve come with my bucket list. It’s changed quite a bit, I’ve added things, deleted some, but kept the numbers to leave room for new challenges. There’s still plenty to do and experience out there :-)
One of the things I recently completed was donating my hair to ThinkPink. I’d been growing my hair out for a good two years, when finally (!) I got to go to the hairdresser. I’ve never been happier to have it chopped, but knowing that it all went to a good cause made the visit even better.
The hairdresser told me she wasn’t sure whether my hair was going to be long enough, but I told her to go ahead anyways and so got chopped off quite a bit. Eventually, the pony tails she had cut off were 25 centimetres (!), well over the necessary 20.
If you want to donate your hair, you can do it anytime and at any salon. Just make sure that your hair is long enough (20 cm is the requirement) and that you get it cut off dry.
For anyone interested in Belgium, here‘s where you can order your envelope to send your hair travelling.
- I am forever afraid of being bored, which is why I pretty much always have a book with me. I can never just sit still and do nothing, much to the annoyance of my boyfriend. At least let me read!
- Although I’m all about sharing photos on Instagram, I’m old school when it comes to travel photos: I have them all printed out and put them in proper albums
- I hate people that clip their nails in public. The sound makes me go up the walls. Seriously, stop it.
- I love to sing. I need a belting out all of my favourites session at least once a month.
- My favourite TV series of all time is McLeod’s Daughters. It’s one of the reasons I am so fascinated with Australia.
- I have a slight obsession with tea. Any flavour, any time of the day, anywhere.
- I hate people who are obsessed with themselves. (Or does this blog post classify me as one of those people?)
- I have lived in three different countries: Belgium (in my home town and now in Brussels), Australia (Gold Coast, for 10 months) and Sweden (for 6 months)
- I love lipsticks and blushes, because I am convinced they can completely transform someone’s look
- I need a little space from time to time: solo travel, a few hours of people watching in a park, a couple of hours with a good book, a solo shopping spree.
- I dread the idea of having to fold laundry, but when I’m doing it, it sort of relaxes me.
- I sometimes think I function on photosynthesis. The sunnier the weather, the better my mood.
- I hate the smell of lavender.
- I have major FOMO. Especially when it comes to travel.
- As a consequence of 14. I am severely impatient with life. I’d rather have done something yesterday than tomorrow.
- I have 4 pet fish named after my 3 best friends and boyfriend
© Elise Gravel
- I envy people who know exactly what they want and just go for it
- I once entered a poetry competition and managed to get two of my poems published. Still one of the proudest moments of my life.
- I believe ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ can make a world of difference to someone. I honestly believe that being nice often gets your further. What you give to the world comes back to you in a certain way.
- I can be moved to tears by something I read or listen to.
- I collect stickers of cities and countries I visit.
- My favourite singer of all time is Gabrielle Aplin.
- I love people watching and making up stories that I think would suit them. I’m also incredibly talented at eavesdropping on conversations on public transport.
© Kate Pugsley
- My favourite colour is blue
- I will never, ever, skip a sunset or sunrise if I have the option to
- I’ve always wanted to dye a piece of my hair purple to be a little edgy
- I love getting handwritten postcards or mail in general. Emptying the mail box used to be my task at home and it still is in my new home.
- I miss Ghent and its flower market from time to time.
- I know exactly what I want my future house to be like. Not look like, be like.
- I love writing.
- I hate taking planes, despite loving to travel
- I always assume the best in people until proven otherwise. I don’t forgive easily.
- My friends and family will probably be able to testify that I get incredibly hangry if I don’t get food in my stomach on time. I really can’t help it. So, I’m sorry for what I said when I was hungry.
- I love trees. Especially when the sun shines through their leaves. Autumn is a magical season.
- I hate being cold, though I am a huge fan of Scandinavia.
- As a consequence of 35. I love taking baths. Preferably with a LUSH bath bomb dropped in there.
- I love pictures of jungle homes filled with big-leafed plants and cacti.
© Iker Ayestaran
Let me know something I didn’t know about you yet! I’m curious to find out :-)
When I stumbled across Helen B’s instagram account, it was love at first sight. The joy that her designs spark in such simplicity, is what I love most. Her drawings always put a smile on my face. And, as I’m always interested in supporting local or national artists and creators, I took a little trip to her shop in Ghent (a good excuse to go back again!). Let me tell you, it was hard to decide what to get. Funny story; a few weeks later, one of my friends bought me a couple of extra coffee mugs for my birthday. Turned out we had discovered this cute shop separately, but shared a mutual love for the designer.
Where? You can buy stuff from the webshop on the website but I’m more of an old school shopper, so you can go to the shop at Bij Sint-Jacobs 7, 9000 Ghent. On the website, there’s a list with all the other shops that sell Helen B.
When? Open Tuesdays to Saturdays, from 10am to 6pm and every first Sunday of the month from 11am to 5pm.